Well, fitting, comfortable boots / shoes are to be preferred over training shoes and clothing will be required, for strong hot sun on a drive through the lower foothills to freezing temperatures at night in the higher region. Shorts, skirt or lightweight trousers are ideal in the heat of the day along with T-shirt, long sleeved cotton shirts and sun hat. During the evening and the higher altitudes, warmers clothing will be needed. When visiting monasteries and holy places. Short or half pants and short sleeves shirt should not be worn.
- FIBRE PILE JACKET: 1 set
- SHORTS OR SKIRT: 2 pairs
- LIGHT COTTON TROUSERS: 2 pairs
- BREECHES /TRACK SUIT BOTTOMS /ULTRA FLEECE TROUSERS : 1 set
- DUVET / DOWN JACKET: Down feathers or synthetic (required in autumn / winter and early spring time)
- WOOL BALACLAVA, WOOL MITTS : 1 set (required in autumn / winter and early spring time)
- WATERPROOFS: Jacket and trousers
- SUN HATS: 1-2
- SCARF: Silk/Nylon, useful for keeping the sun off the back of your neck
- SUNGLASSES / GOGGLES: Essential to get a pair which cuts out 100% UV rays
- SUN SCREEN CREAM : High protection factor [20 or higher] or high altitude glacier cream. In Tibet due to thin air the U/V is stronger in the sun.
- LIP SLAVE/ LABISAN : Protection for the lips. Get one with a sunscreen
- WATER BOTTLE: 1 litre metal to keep warm while at night time.
- IODINE: 2 % SOLUTION [TINCTURE OF IODINE] obtained from most chemists put into a small glass dropper bottle. 8 drops of iodine will sterilise 1 litre of water in 20 minutes.
- TOILET ITEMS :
- HEAD TORCH : Petzel recommended] -spare batteries and bulbs
- SEWING KIT
- SMALL KNIFE: Swiss army style – has many uses
- SMALL PADLOCK: Useful for locking your kit / duffel bag
- 4 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS
- A COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE CERTIFICATE
- MONEY BELT
- READING MATERIAL : [1BOOK]
- WALKMAN and 2 tapes – for those early nights. Spare batteries
- CHOCOLATE BARS, SWEETS!
- PERSONAL MEDICAL KIT:
- SMALL PLASTIC BAGS /STUFF SACS OR PILLOW CASES: To separate and keep the gear in your kit bag in order.
- CIGARETTE LIGHTER: for burning toilet paper and rubbish.
- THERMAREST: Or similar self-inflating mattress, gives decadent luxury
- CAMERA GEAR
- GAMES: Cards, chess etc. for the evenings
- UMBRELLA: Not only for rain, makes a great sunshade
- WET WIPES: Or similar.
- WALKING STICKS / POLES: Useful crossing rivers and in snow and ice areas.
Nearly all seasons is suitable for this trek except the monsoon months of July to mid-September, March and April will be a flowering season where one can be fascinated with wildflowers in full bloom especially the rhododendron flowers of various colors and species.
Tour And Trekking Guides
All tours are escorted by well trained and knowledgeable English-speaking guides. The services of guides speaking other languages (e.g. Japanese, German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Russian-Dutch and French) may also be provided with sufficient prior notice and at an additional cost. Group escorts are well versed in their related fields. From trekking-mountaineering, rafting to culture and ornithology to botany, and have the best-informed guides. They work with the single-minded objective of acquainting you with Nepal-India-Tibet to the best of their ability.
Spring Rain Adventure
Sat, 26 Nov 2016